We are glad to announce that the World Society Of Emergency Surgery has entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with AME Publishing Company on Friday, February 24, 2017.
This cooperation could be regarded as a combination of the resource advantage of AME and WSES. According to Dr. Federico Coccolini, an active member of the board of WSES, WSES has been publishing guidelines since almost ten years, leading some of the main emergency and trauma surgery fields. The idea of cooperation is to republish some recent and up to date guidelines and position papers regarding intraabdominal infections, cholecystitis, diverticulitis, appendicitis, intestinal occlusion, liver trauma, gastrointestinal bleeding, vascular injuries, and other emergency and trauma surgery topics in the Chinese journal and media platform of AME Publishing Company.
Dr. Federico Coccolini and his colleagues are distinguished contributors to Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology, one of AME journals and we really appreciate the opportunity to upgrade our cooperation to a higher level with WSES, an esteemed organization dedicated to education and promotion of emergency surgery. Emergency surgery is also a field that we hope to further explore with concentrated effort.
For initiation of cooperation, Dr. Luca Ansaloni, President of the WSES, and Mr. Stephen D. Wang, Founder and CEO of AME, has signed a framework agreement based on the in-depth communication and understanding of both sides.
We believe this cooperation between AME and WSES will not only advance the academic promotion of emergency surgery and trauma surgery, but most importantly, benefit more physicians and patients in China.
About AME Publishing Company
Founded in 2009, AME Publishing Company has offices in Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Changsha, Nanjing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Beijing, Taibei, Sydney and San Francisco. AME is an acronym for “Academic Made Easy/Excellent/Enthusiastic.” It goes with a Chinese translation ‘Yuqiongqianlimu, Kuailegaoxueshu,’ adapted from a poetry of the Tang Dynasty, which means conducting academic researches with fun and joy.
Up to now, AME has published 30 journals, with 2 journals (Journal of Thoracic Disease and Translational Cancer Research) indexed by Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE) and 17 journals (e.g. Annals of Translational Medicine) indexed by PubMed. AME has also published 10 books in English, 15 books in Chinese and 60 e-books, categorized into four series - Medical Monograph, Medical Review (Key opinion of medical experts), Book of Excellence worldwide and Interview with experts. In addition, AME has held more than 100 conferences in a variety of forms.
About World Society of Emergency Surgery
The World Society of Emergency Surgery (WSES)(https://www.wses.org.uk/) was founded in 2007 with the headquarters located in Bologna, Italy. WSES aims to:• To promote training and continuing medical education in emergency surgery, trauma surgery and in areas relating to the above, by organizing academic meetings and practical courses on a regular basis.
• To propagate clinical and basic research in these core subjects.
• To apply protocols using best medical practice to diagnosis and treat emergency surgical and trauma patients.
• To facilitate exchange of information and to encourage interdisciplinary networking with those specialties that relate to trauma and emergency surgery.
• To facilitate practical courses and programs to assist practitioners.
• To promote meetings (World Congress) on a regular basis. (Meetings may be held biannually. The objective of these meetings are to enhance the care of the patients requiring emergency surgery via scientific presentations, panel discussions, clinical guidelines, consensus statements, etc
• The WSES would serve as a infrastructure to develop multicenter trials where optimal care remains uncertain